Thursday, August 12, 2010

Dear you intrigue every part of me,

What I want to tell you is that I do not love you. What I want to explain to myself is how could someone possibly love someone like you? and how ___? and how ___? and how? how?
What I want to know is what you really think. What I want to hear is why you say things like "past tense?" when I say I liked you. What if I said I loved you? Would you say "past tense?" as if that isn't completely irrational? What I want to tell you is I fall in love every day. Mostly with strangers. What I can't admit out loud is that you are a stranger. What I need to face is that I want you to be my most intimate stranger. What I need is your mystery close to me, I need to know everything. What I need is to know you until I'm satisfied.

-ck

2 comments: